By: Max Costanzo
none of these pictures are mine unless I state.

Friday, April 29, 2011

NFL Draft round 1

 Well, this to me, was a very surprising draft. I think many teams messed up on their picks. But before I get into how the picks were, he was the results of the first round...........
1.Carolina- Cam Newton            
2.Denver-Von Miller                
3.Buffalo-Marcell Dareus            
4.Cincinnati-A.J. Green
5.Arizona-Patrick Peterson
6.Atlanta-Julio Jones
7.San Francisco-Aldon Smith
8.Tennesse-Jake Locker
9.Dallas-Tyron Smith
10.Jacksonville-Blaine Gabbert
11.Houston-J.J Watt
12.Minnesota-Christian Ponder
13.Detroit- Nick Fairley
14.St.Louis-Robert Quinn
15.Miami-Mike Pouncey
16.Washington-Ryan Kerrigan                                                                                 17.New England-Nate Solder
18.San Diego-Corey Liuget
19.New York(G)-Prince Amukamara
20.Tampa Bay-Adrian Clayborn
21.Cleveland-Phil Taylor
22.Indianapolis-Anthony Castonzo
23.Philadelphia-Danny Watkins
24.New Orleans-Cameron Jordan
25.Seattle- James Carpenter
26.Kansas City-Jonathan Baldwin
27.Baltimore-Jimmy Smith
28.New Orleans-Mark Ingram
29.Chicago Bears-Gabe Carimi
30.New York(J)-Muhammad Wilkerson
31.Pittsburgh-Cameron Heyward
32.Green Bay-OT Derek Sherrod

 Ok, now the analyzing on the teams I think messed up.

Carolina- 

With the first pick I think it was a bit of a waste to pick a QB, but they did and Cam Newton was their man. I would have given Jimmy Clausen one more year, simply because Steve Smith was not 100% healthy with a broken arm during the preseason and part of the regular season. I know they had a great running back, but still I don't think you can run the ball every down, and to all the people looking at this saying "ya, but they had other receivers." They did but they couldn't produce because they are only mediocre at best. I rate it a C+.

Jacksonville- 

With the 10th overall pick they selected Blaine Gabbert. All I have to say is why? Why why why? Why would you pick a QB when you already have a good QB right now. Their Offense was great, it was the Defense that needed a little boost. I rate it a D-. There was no reason for this. 




Miami-

Now why would you go out and pick a center, when your in much need of a QB and RB. Ya this was a good pick, it just wasn't a good pick for you. I'm not surprised to see Miami waste a pick, it has happened before and I'm pretty sure it will happen again. The last good player they picked was Dan Marino. Now lets be serious, are you surprised? I'm not , I give them a D+.

No comments: