By: Max Costanzo
none of these pictures are mine unless I state.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

2011 NBA DRAFT

                                                                     MY TOP PICKS

Pick One:
Cleveland selected Kyle Irving the guard who came from Duke University.   I think this was a solid pick because Lebron, who left, last year played like a guard, even though he was a forward. Kyle is the same height as NBA superstar Derrick Rose who is 6-1 without shoes  which is kind of short for a guard in the NBA.   Average height is 6-3.  I really like this pick because The Cavs have no guards.   I know your going to say they have Baron Davis, and Daniel Gibson, Baron Davis is old, ineffective, and is probably going to retire after this season.  Daniel Gibson isn't that good but he isn't horrible.  They need two guards to play right so Kyle and Gibson would probably start.  Any good player they pick will be a great addition due to the fact that they just need to rebuild the entire team.

Pick Four:
 Cleveland selected Tristan Thompson who basically sealed up the spot Lebron had left.  So now I think they might actually be better (On paper, as a team) then when Lebron was there. No disrespect to Lebron but now they will have Tristan on one side at the Forward position and Antawn Jamison.  Antawn was struggling this year but I think he will bounce back, he just needed to get adjusted to the game-play of the Cavs.

Pick Eight:
The Detroit Pistons picked up Brandon Knight who spent one year at the University of Kentucky, and was debating whether or not to enroll into the Draft.  I think he could have waited a year or so more to go into the draft, he is what the Pistons will build they're team around in the coming years. I would like to see how the kid who came from a high school in my area ( Pine Crest) will do in a city where there is really no help, since they want to keep RIP Hamilton on the bench.

Pick Nine:
Kemba Walker was selected by the Bobcats. With him becoming the immediate star and mentorship of MJ he might as well be compared to D.Rose, or Wade. I definitely see him winning a couple of MVP awards and maybe even a Championship. I mean just look at what he did at Uconn, expect big things, big things.

Pick Ten:
The Bucks got the Jimmer range, I expect him to be a big three point threat like Ray Allen.  I actually think he will surpass Allen as the three point king during his career. I am completely confident that he will be great.  I'm just wondering how he will match up to Brandon Jennings and if he will be an underrated player.  I think he resembles Mike Miller.  He needs to improve on his work inside the paint.  He's quick and great at defense and that's what will get him places.

No comments: